road noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbrehm

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Equinox LS I find the car very noisy. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the vehicle less noisy?

PoManNox

Reaction score
Some of the noise depends on the tires. My 2021 transmits a lot of road noise depending on the surface of the pavement. On smooth asphalt it's super quiet. Grooved concrete it's noisy.

gbrehm

Reaction score
Some of the noise depends on the tires. My 2021 transmits a lot of road noise depending on the surface of the pavement. On smooth asphalt it's super quiet. Grooved concrete it's noisy.
True. I have two sets of tires (winter and summer). The summer tires are the original tires. I have to find some smooth asphalt to see if that helps. Roads around here are poor.

PoManNox

Reaction score
True. I have two sets of tires (winter and summer). The summer tires are the original tires. I have to find some smooth asphalt to see if that helps. Roads around here are poor.

When I bought my 2021 used a few months ago, it came with a set of continental brand tires that are pretty much silent on asphalt, but transmit a ton of noise into the cabin on concrete. I hear ya on the roads. I live in the Buffalo NY area and the surface of pretty much every road is horrendous.

jkumbalek

Reaction score
I find this to be the one of two issues with my 2023 equinox and found out that it’s more than likely my tires. I’m looking at getting the Continental PureContact. If any of you suggest anything better, let me know. Right now, I have the default OM tires and they do bring in a lot of environmental noise.

gbrehm

Reaction score
I find this to be the one of two issues with my 2023 equinox and found out that it’s more than likely my tires. I’m looking at getting the Continental PureContact. If any of you suggest anything better, let me know. Right now, I have the default OM tires and they do bring in a lot of environmental noise.
Yes, I agree, it probably the tires ( Bridgestone Alenza a/s 02 all season). Looking for a newly paved road to see if that makes a difference. My 2015 Colorado, with snows, is quieter.

PoManNox

Reaction score
They're either Pro or PureContacts I have on my 2021. I don't have the vehicle with me at the moment to check.

Rick143

Reaction score
I have the same issue with our 2021 LT, It seems more in the rear.

Reaction score
Yep, sameo here. On my 2019 LT with Michelins. When tires are new they be quiet, after 'bout 50% wear, noisy.
Tire folks say rotate 'em more often.

Tico007

Reaction score
What is the wheel size? What are the tire diameter numbers on the tires? Newer vehicles coming with big wheels and tires with small side walls. Looks great, but there’s a price for that.

MikeH

Reaction score
Our 2019 LT 2.0T came with Michelins. Road noise was very loud even on good roads. At 16k miles, I switched to Goodyear tires. A waste of money. Didn't help.

gbrehm

Reaction score
Our 2019 LT 2.0T came with Michelins. Road noise was very loud even on good roads. At 16k miles, I switched to Goodyear tires. A waste of money. Didn't help.
Thanks for all the replies. I agree its the tires. I rotate them with every oil change and I take them off for the winter so I guess I will have to live with this for a while longer.

Vondoman

Reaction score
I’ve done a bunch of research on the quietest tires. Here goes!

Aug2024
My 2020 Premier 2.0t (43,000 mi) needs tires (235/50R19) and has always had road/wind noise.
I’ve done quite a bit of research on ‘the’ quietest tires…some boasting they have Noise Technology (NT).
Note: surveys say brands promoting NT are only slightly quieter & not negligible to the driver.

Here’s the list in alphabetical order:
* Bridgestone Tirana QuietTrack
* Continental Pure Contact LS
* Continental Cross Contact LX20
* Cooper ProControl
* Dunlop Signature HP
* Goodyear Assurance Comfort Drive
* Michelin Defender 2
* Michelin Primacy MXV4
* Yokohama Avid Ascend GT
Several of these were not available in my tire size…..they may fit yours.

Vondoman

Reaction score
I’ve seen Dynamat used a lot on car resto shows. Did you notice a noticeable difference? Would you do it again?
And, what was the cost?

Thanks man!
Vondoman

ravenblack67

Reaction score
I’ve seen Dynamat used a lot on car resto shows. Did you notice a noticeable difference? Would you do it again?
And, what was the cost?

Thanks man!
Vondoman
It made a difference. Not a lot. I'm going to try different tires next.

ewarrior

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Equinox LS I find the car very noisy. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the vehicle less noisy?
As I read, the Pirelli Scorpion AS 3 is the quietest tire of all All Seasons ones.

ricklack

Reaction score
As I read, the Pirelli Scorpion AS 3 is the quietest tire of all All Seasons ones.
I was recently researching new tires and came to this same conclusion. I was all ready to buy them and I went to the dealer for oil change. They had someone take off their factory tires for Michelins, they were exactly the same as my Hankook Kinergy GTs. I told the dealer these tires perform great, but the tread life sucks. They gave me a deal I couldn't refuse about 40% of new cost), so once more I am driving on the last tire I would ever buy LOL

These are quiet tires, but they wear out fast.

Members online

No members online now.