P0016 P0017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borjawil

Reaction score
2011 3.6l 160k miles

Guy before me said 3 of 4 cam sensors, and crank sensor needed replacing. Seems the rear two cam sensors and crank sensor, at least, were replaced.

Not sure if this will help diagnose, but one of the rear cam sensors was not plugged in. Vehicle would not start or would stall if that sensor was plugged in. Replaced that sensor and vehicle would start up. Erased codes and p0016 and p0017 for crank to cam correlation showed up. Vehicle will shut off while at idle randomly. Will start right back up.

Verified crank sensor was replaced, but still swapped in a new one to be sure. Same issue. Timing advance shows about 3-6 degrees on my scan tool, and based on the codes set and many other similar issues in leaning towards timing chain, though there's no rattle or anything.

Wondering if this is a wiring issue possibly, or a VVT sensor or cam phaser. Going to overlay the wiring to crank sensor to be sure.

The codes set are for bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 I believe. Is this referring to a second crank sensor or specific cam sensors?

Members online

No members online now.