Low Oil and Oil Spots on Garage Floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmymac

Reaction score
2024 Premier , 4200 miles . Oil is a quart low on dipstick and there were 2 Oil spots on garage floor. Low oil light has not come on yet.
Anyone have similar issue.
Is SAE 0W20 always synthetic and did car come with synthetic,? I am out of town and trying to get answers to spouse

PoManNox

Reaction score
I've never seen a non-synthetic 0w20. GM wants you use Dexos 1 certified oils being the main thing. I wouldn't have a problem topping up with 5w20 or even 5w30 if that's all you had on hand as long as it's a dexos oil. Most are these days.

In terms of the source of the leak, you'll have to take a look under the vehicle to see if you can pinpoint it.

ravenblack67

Reaction score
2024 Premier , 4200 miles . Oil is a quart low on dipstick and there were 2 Oil spots on garage floor. Low oil light has not come on yet.
Anyone have similar issue.
Is SAE 0W20 always synthetic and did car come with synthetic,? I am out of town and trying to get answers to spouse
Take it to the dealer.

Members online