2025 usb flash drive for audio flaky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lazy Bones

Reaction score
I have a flash drive that has about 20 albums on it. Each album has between 10 and 20 songs each. This flash drive has worked well in my previous automobiles – a Honda, and even an older equinox. However, in this 2025 equinox, it fails to recognize some of the albums, and then some of the albums it fails to recognize more than the first song. Sometimes it will display all the songs in an album, but only be able to play the first one. I’ve called Chevy customer support about this, and nobody there seems to know anything about how this works. One person suggested that maybe Google wrote the software. All my music is in MP3 files, and I have re-recorded them several times, using different sampling rates. None of that helped. I’ve used other flash drives. that didn’t help either. Does anybody have a practical suggestion?

BruceC

Reaction score
I have a similar problem on my 2022. When I reformatted the flash drive using the NTFS file system (not the Fat32) using mp3 file format I had much better results. This did not read/play 100
% of the recorded files but it jumped form about 30% to well over 75%.

Lazy Bones

Reaction score
The manual on the 2025 EV version of the car ( I don't have that version - mine burns gas) says that FAT 32 and FAT 64 are ok, but specifically says to not use nfts. Maybe I'll try it anyway. Also, when using the radio, the system randomly changes stations on me - not often but occasionally. Thanks for the suggestion.

BruceC

Reaction score
I double checke my thumb drive after reading your reply to verify the NTFS file system. I will have to go back and read my 2022 manual to see if it says anything about the NTFS file system.

I also forgot to mention I use USB 2.0 have not tried the 3.0 version of the USB

Lazy Bones

Reaction score
NTFS made no change. I don't know how to determine the USB version I'm using. It's not "C".

ricklack

Reaction score
NTFS made no change. I don't know how to determine the USB version I'm using. It's not "C".
often USB 2.0 will have black plastic connector (inside the metal) and 3.0 will be blue. Most 3.0 will be labeled, unless you're getting the cheap made in China sticks

Members online