Leaky sunroof? let's do something about it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
It can be a safety concern if it is leaking at the rear post and running over the rear fuse box. If you can get a photo of the water on the fuse box, that will help your complaint. Report to the national highway traffic safety administration at https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index
If enough of us do this, maybe it will force an investigation and possibly a recall.

SteveK

Reaction score
I would like to suggest that the sunroof is not the cause of the leaking as everyone has suggested. I have my roof liner down to replace a failed shade motor and can see clearly the attached drain hoses securely attached and continuous to drain above the exhaust tailpipe exiting to the ground. Water cannot fill the wheel wheel unless this hose is disconnected or broken.
My dogs leash was under the fuse box and found damp twice caused me to search why.
BUT, in the channel beside the tail lights there are two plastic hole caps that are decorative and not waterproof. One or both can allow leaking above the fuse box and similar location on passenger side. Then the water can run into the wheel well which does not have a drain. These are waiting for me to apply silicone to make them waterproof.

Members online