Tail light replacement problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPF

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Equinox. The passenger side rear light is broken. I have tried 5 or 6 different replacements and none work. They won’t light up like the original. I can still use the original so I know there is no vehicle problem. Any ideas?

SteveK

Reaction score
are you speaking of the bulb? Are the bottoms the same as in both single tip or both double tip

SteveK

Reaction score
so not a bulb but the tail light assembly. That is an OEM part. Odd you are unable to source correct one.

ricklack

Reaction score
Where are you getting the parts? I can't fathom 5 or 6 defective replacements. Should be a simple plug n play - from the pic it looks like the LED version. Only the RS and Premier have LED taillights, LS and LT have non-LED taillights for 2022.

PoManNox

Reaction score
I watched a South Main Auto video recently, where Eric O had a 2018 Equinox in with a tail light problem. There are quite a few RPO codes for the exterior lighting on the 2018+ I wonder if what you are getting is not the right part number? Does everything in terms of connectors and bulbs match exactly?

RPF

Reaction score
Where are you getting the parts? I can't fathom 5 or 6 defective replacements. Should be a simple plug n play - from the pic it looks like the LED version. Only the RS and Premier have LED taillights, LS and LT have non-LED taillights for 2022.
eBay, CARiD, and Amazon. I’m trying rockauto now. They say oem. I’m guessing aftermarket is no good for this. Chevy said that they are having a hard time getting them.

Members online