Hello From Syracuse!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YendorofNY

Reaction score
I am a new Equinox owner. I just "retired" my 21 year old CRV and found this 2012 Equinox LT for a good price. It has been through a few owners, that last 3 years but I think that was because the timing chain had slipped and it was acting up. The dealership I bought it from replaced the timing chain and replaced the front brakes & rotors. Two of the tire sensors had been broke, some time ago because I couldn't find parts inside the tires when I changed them out today. I'm keeping an eye on the oil level and actually drilled a small hole in an aftermarket fill cap from Rock Auto, to let some of that blow by escape. 270 miles and no change in oil level and no "spatter", from the opening I made. She has 124,270 on her now. Looks like the back brake pads need attention. Going down the freeway, at 70mph and she runs steady. No vibrations of any kind in the steering wheel. The driver's seat has an issue. Apparently there are two motors that lift the front/rear of the seat but the rear motor won't go up or make any noise. I actually have a seat cusion, so I don't feel like my Mother, when she drove her 4 door, 1977 Mercury Marquis. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

ricklack

Reaction score
I had a 2013 Nox that the power seat stopped reclining. Perhaps your is similar - it's been a few years but this should be somewhat accurate. Slide the seat all the wat front to get access to the two torx bolts that hold the seat in. Also disconnect the electrical connector.

The plastic cover for the switches is held on by one or two screws (torx i think), remove them and you have access to the switches sort of. Enough to squirt electrical contact cleaner - in my case I had some MAF sensor cleaner I used. Spray liberally and work the switches back and forth - move it around so the cleaner works it way in real well. I put the seat back in and at first it did not work but I noticed a slight motor noise when the switch hit certain position, so I kept moving the switch and slowly it started working more and more. After a short while, it worked normally again and didn't fail again for the remaining years i had the car.

YendorofNY

Reaction score
I had a 2013 Nox that the power seat stopped reclining. Perhaps your is similar - it's been a few years but this should be somewhat accurate. Slide the seat all the wat front to get access to the two torx bolts that hold the seat in. Also disconnect the electrical connector.

The plastic cover for the switches is held on by one or two screws (torx i think), remove them and you have access to the switches sort of. Enough to squirt electrical contact cleaner - in my case I had some MAF sensor cleaner I used. Spray liberally and work the switches back and forth - move it around so the cleaner works it way in real well. I put the seat back in and at first it did not work but I noticed a slight motor noise when the switch hit certain position, so I kept moving the switch and slowly it started working more and more. After a short while, it worked normally again and didn't fail again for the remaining years i had the car.
Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Members online