2016 2.4L blown engine. 80k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteelerPhan

Reaction score
It appears like my 2016 2.4L has blown its engine. What recourse do I have? I assume Chevy isn't taking responsibility? Any way I can file a complaint? Who do I talk to?

Changed oil each time it asked me to. Semi synthetic like it said. Done at local garage

Edit... blown transfer case. Better than replacing the engine. But. Oh boy. They said these things go regularly. Yay.

Last edited:

sdhow

Reaction score
Remember, these cars are intentionally built to not last any longer than the warranty period. That's when the "Service Advisor" advises you to go to the sales floor.

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
I have been driving for 50 years and I only have replaced one transmission in a 1974 Gran Torino. They aren't built to go 300,000 miles but you should easily get 125,000 plus miles out of a vehicle that has been well maintained

59Squire

Reaction score
I have been driving for 50 years and I only have replaced one transmission in a 1974 Gran Torino. They aren't built to go 300,000 miles but you should easily get 125,000 plus miles out of a vehicle that has been well maintained
We bought a 2012 model in 2017 with 80,000 miles on it. It just turned 180,000 this week. I've had the transmission serviced and coolant flushed by the dealer twice ahead of the scheduled recommendation. I also never let it go below 40% oil life. It is starting to leak a few drops of oil on the driveway now, but I've never had a car that didn't when it got older. It still runs like a new car, very satisfied with it.

Members online