1.5l engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage1920

Reaction score
I have a 2018 1.5l equinox. The engine stalled and was a little difficult to restart. After restarting it there was a engine noise that wasn't there

Vintage1920

Reaction score
I have a 2018 1.5l equinox. The engine stalled and was a little difficult to restart. After restarting it there was a engine noise that wasn't there
Tried to upload a video of noise but cannot. Sounds similiar to a lifter tick but is not.

Ponomo

Reaction score
i just recently had the same problem. The ticking noise was driving me crazy. it ended up being the vacuum pump for the brakes. It’s connected to the left side of the engine. The gears on the inside of the pump shattered and that is what was causing the ticking noise. also it caused my brakes to completely go out on me on the way home.

Vintage1920

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I thought it was the vacuum pump to. But changed it with new. Noise still there. I removed the valve cover lifters are all ok too.

Members online