TPMS Relearn Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoEquinoxDad

Reaction score
I would like to do a tire rotation on daughter #2 2022 Equinox. TPMS requires an external device that is held against the sidewall of the tire that is relearning. GM has one that retails for $1100. I am aware of cheap relearn devices sold on Amazon and Ebay. They all seem to have significant numbers of negative feedback. Is there a recommended and consistently reliable one that costs less than GM's. Thanks!

Moonwink

Reaction score
Have you tried the procedure to "reset" the TPMS?
I've used this a few times to reset my HHR and my Malibu. Get the console in the right condition and the horn will honk twice. Start letting air out of the driver's side front tire till the horn honks and then move to the passenger side front and let air out till the horn honks again. Do the same for the passenger side rear and then the driver's side rear. When you're done with the driver's side rear, the horn will honk twice signaling you've successfully completed the relearn. No tools required. Air your tires back up and you're done.

ricklack

Reaction score
I have the EL-50448 tool for decades and it's worked on all my GM.

TwoEquinoxDad

Reaction score
Have you tried the procedure to "reset" the TPMS?
I've used this a few times to reset my HHR and my Malibu. Get the console in the right condition and the horn will honk twice. Start letting air out of the driver's side front tire till the horn honks and then move to the passenger side front and let air out till the horn honks again. Do the same for the passenger side rear and then the driver's side rear. When you're done with the driver's side rear, the horn will honk twice signaling you've successfully completed the relearn. No tools required. Air your tires back up and you're done.
I followed this procedure when my daughter owned a Cobalt. Just my opinion, but you need an air source to pump the tires back up, which few homeowners have. But if you work on your own cars, you probably have one. Reinflating the tires was an added step for the tire technician.

TwoEquinoxDad

Reaction score
I followed this procedure when my daughter owned a Cobalt. Just my opinion, but you need an air source to pump the tires back up, which few homeowners have. But if you work on your own cars, you probably have one. Reinflating the tires was an added step for the tire technician.

I have the EL-50448 tool for decades and it's worked on all my GM.
Got one on Amazon for $10. Did the job!

John H.

Reaction score
I would like to do a tire rotation on daughter #2 2022 Equinox. TPMS requires an external device that is held against the sidewall of the tire that is relearning. GM has one that retails for $1100. I am aware of cheap relearn devices sold on Amazon and Ebay. They all seem to have significant numbers of negative feedback. Is there a recommended and consistently reliable one that costs less than GM's. Thanks!
I have the Amazon one. You just have to make sure the antenna is pressed against the sidewall of the tire, next to the valve, not on the valve. ALSO, the order is; driver, passenger, passenger rear and finally, driver rear. The car should them beep twice or three times to let you know relearning is complete.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts