Scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
Have a few newer gm cars in the family including 2 third gen equinoxes. Looking for scan tool recommendation that will also pull Body controll module codes and info as well as abs and airbag. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Moonwink

Reaction score
BlueDriver ODBII Scanner.jpg
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android

This scanner is highly recommended over at the Malibu forums. It scans all the codes many cheaper scanners won't.

(I have tried over and over again on this forum to change the color of the text and links I've posted but they always end up being black just like everything else on here. I give up!)

maxpg

Reaction score
BlueDriver can scan codes and read some live data, but cannot control anything. For example I can't fully diagnose the evap system, because it requires to manually turn on and off the evap canister valve and check on vacuum levels.

BDCEquinox

Reaction score
I bought the $50 Hypertough Bluetooth one from Wal Mart. It has Autel software and you can pick whichever manufacturer you want and get that free for lifetime with updates. Additional manufactures besides your first free one has a cost per year.

You get full OEM service data PIDS + OBDII, and a handful of 2 way service functions.

So if you are like my family and only buy 1 manufacture of vehicles, I think this is a great value. If you buy multiple brand vehicles there may be better options.

renossuv

Reaction score
I just recently purchased the ThinkCar ThinkScan Plus S4 Diagnostic Tool from Amazon. They have higher models which have more capabilities. I like that they have Lifetime updates for free!

Staff online