Noob with a heat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19POSxxx

Reaction score
Driving into work today with the wifey’s 19’ Equinox (82k). Heat just stopped working. Blower works, no overheating or seemingly obvious drive-abilty issues. It’s an LS with the single climate control system. Where’s a good place to start looking? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

ricklack

Reaction score
Does the temp gauge show normal temp, or a bit low? If low, could be the thermostat is stuck open. Does the upper radiator hose get hot?

19POSxxx

Reaction score
Overflow tank was dang near bone dry. It wasn’t that low about a month and a half ago when I last checked it. I noticed that the temp was running a bit higher than normal. I asked her if she had any warning indicators go off in the car indicating overheat conditions. She said that she hadn’t heard any. Refilled, and will continue to monitor the situation. Notice no coolant smell, smoke nor fogging of the windows.