My last Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jondster

Reaction score
I'm just ranting here. I have a 2020 Midnight Special LT with the 2.0L Turbo and 9 speed trans. I leased it for 3 years, and liked it so much I purchased it off the lease.

In 2022 or 2023 Chevrolet, in their infinite wisdom, removed availability of this power train, leaving only the standard 1.5L wheezer with a 6 speed trans as a available power train. I'm sorry. I've driven that combo and I was far from impressed. The 2025 model looks pretty good but in no way can I accept the 90 or so horsepower downgrade. So I'll either keep driving this for a while, or until I can find a replacement that can get out of it's own way.

Am I alone in this opinion?

Charvel1975

Reaction score
I'm just ranting here. I have a 2020 Midnight Special LT with the 2.0L Turbo and 9 speed trans. I leased it for 3 years, and liked it so much I purchased it off the lease.

In 2022 or 2023 Chevrolet, in their infinite wisdom, removed availability of this power train, leaving only the standard 1.5L wheezer with a 6 speed trans as a available power train. I'm sorry. I've driven that combo and I was far from impressed. The 2025 model looks pretty good but in no way can I accept the 90 or so horsepower downgrade. So I'll either keep driving this for a while, or until I can find a replacement that can get out of it's own way.

Am I alone in this opinion?
I agree with you 💯 I have a 2018 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD with the 1.5L motor and while it's been reliable, great on fuel economy, good cargo space for hauling my music 🎶 gear, I still get nervous when getting on the highway as the 6 speed transmission just doesn't shift right and you have to really hammer on the gas and it stays in like 3rd gear or something and then you have to let off the gas for it to shift gears?! 😲

I'm currently checking out a used 2023 Nissan Murano SL AWD but I see it has the CVT transmission which I know nothing about?

Staff online

Members online