How to Turn off automatic stop and start on a 2025 Equinox rs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff D.

Reaction score
Hello, Tearza1212. If the RS dash is the same as the LS, it would be to the lower left of the steering wheel. The button next to the "Autohold" button, with an "A" with a circle around it.

The bad part is, it will need to be selected each time the car is turned on. The feature has no memory.

For earlier versions of the Equinox (2024 and earlier), there's a short inexpensive harness that can be installed that will make it so this doesn't have to be selected each time, but it is not listed to work on the 2025. At least not yet. I will purchase and install if it does end up being listed to fit the 2025 in the future.

PXL_20241024_000555730.MP.jpg

TEARZA1212

Reaction score
Hello, Tearza1212. If the RS dash is the same as the LS, it would be to the lower left of the steering wheel. The button next to the "Autohold" button, with an "A" with a circle around it.

The bad part is, it will need to be selected each time the car is turned on. The feature has no memory.

For earlier versions of the Equinox (2024 and earlier), there's a short inexpensive harness that can be installed that will make it so this doesn't have to be selected each time, but it is not listed to work on the 2025. At least not yet. I will purchase and install if it does end up being listed to fit the 2025 in the future.

View attachment 2678

ricklack

Reaction score

View attachment 2678
I like the location of these buttons way better than on the 2022 - 2024. My AWD button is flat on the center console and can be accidently pressed, causing wasted gas and unneeded irritation. Good move Chevy!

FredG

Reaction score
The flashing hazard button was hard to find for me...LoL...Had to resort to the owners manual....It's on the overhead console, mixed in with the Onstar buttons.... For some reason I just did not think to look for it up there, seems like a funny spot for it.

Members online

No members online now.