Gas in oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big mike

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2017 Equinox with 2.4 l engine. I noticed my dipstick level was getting high and it smelled like gas so I replaced the high pressure fuel pump on the front of the engine. I did not replace the metal fuel line that goes from the pump to the engine and I see GM recommends that you do replace that. It seems like I'm still getting gas in the oil even with a new pump. I see that high pressure fuel line is called a crush type connector. Is it possible I cracked that fuel line connector at the engine and it is getting oil that way even after replacing the pump? I see no gas leaking at the pump or at the engine . I have read where others with this issue noticed gas leaking on the outside of the pump which I never did . Also could it be something other than the pump like an injector? I'm thankful for any advice offered.

Members online

No members online now.