How to change icons in the "Application Tray"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedEq

Reaction score
Newbie here getting acquainted with a new 2024 Premier with the uplevel 8-inch radio/nav screen. At the bottom left of the screen, there is a home symbol, and next to that is a row of three small icons. According to the manual, this is called the Application Tray. All the owner's manual says about this is:

Application Tray
The application tray is near the bottom of
the display. It shows up to four applications.

I would like to have the camera app in the application tray, but I can't figure out how to get it there. I can drag and drop the camera icon in the main icon screens, but nothing happens if I drop it in the application tray. Is it possible to change the contents of the application tray?

ricklack

Reaction score
I have the 8 inch w/Nav and my manual says this:
Shortcut Tray
The shortcut tray is near the bottom of the
display. It shows up to four applications

No mention of being able to modify the applications that reside there. I have phone, nav, audio and home. I will have to try and see if it lets me move anything

Miguel

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2019 Premier also with the 8" / Bose. I've tried as well and searched a lot. But the answer those shortcuts can't be changed.
With that said and also knowing that the whole infotainment system is android based, I can't believe someone never made a way of "rooting" it so changes and personalization can be done!

Members online

No members online now.