help with brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johncas

Reaction score
Hello
I am having a problem with my 2007 equinox it started with the driver side brakes the caliper locked up and would not release wheel would get hot . I changed the caliper and rotor and pads. the heating up of the wheel stopped. and a strange noise was coming from the front wheel and the steering wheel started to shudder. so I replaced the front wheel hub assembly. now it feels like it is dragging and the heat on the wheel is back and the shuddering is still there . the ball joint is good no movement when I move the tire, or try to move the joint. I have replaced all of the pads and rotors all way around. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Johncas

jjs17

Reaction score
You might check the rubber hose to that caliper. If it is compromised on the inside it will not let the caliper piston retreat and cause your issue. They break down and cause a little "rubber flap" on the inside of the hose which keeps pressure on the piston.

Johncas

Reaction score
You might check the rubber hose to that caliper. If it is compromised on the inside it will not let the caliper piston retreat and cause your issue. They break down and cause a little "rubber flap" on the inside of the hose which keeps pressure on the piston.
Thanks as soon as it stops raining, I will start looking at that I have been dodging rain for the past few days.

cavell

Reaction score
Kids car had odd braking. Felt like no front brakes. Only rear. I changed flex hoses and it was much better. Felt normal again. 4 yrs later and. It feels off again. Odd for hoses to be issue again.

Members online

No members online now.