Chevrolet Equinox 2018 changed the Power Transfer Unit Shift Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adm

Reaction score
Hello, I have questions that no one has answered, I hope I can find answers to my questions here.

I replaced a Chevrolet Equinox 2018 - Power Transfer Unit Shift Actuator that was damaged
Screenshot 2024-08-26 103241.jpg

When I removed the Power Transfer Unit Shift Actuator, up to 2 liters of fluid came out.

My question
Is the oil for the differential and the power transmission unit gear shift drive the same?
Screenshot 2024-08-26 105710.png

I think there was a lot of oil in the differential, but I can't figure out where it came from.
Could oil from the transmission get into the differential?

Thank you very much in advance

PoManNox

Reaction score
Yes, that would be all one fluid. 75w90 gear oil. Re-fill the unit until gear oil starts seeping out the higher up fill port.

I changed this gear oil on my 2021's transfer case and rear differential a few months ago.

Reactions: adm

PoManNox

Reaction score
I missed a few details of your original post. Assuming we're only talking about the transfer case (the differential is built into and part of the transmission), I don't know how two liters of gear oil would even fit in the transfer case. What color was the fluid that drained out? Did it smell like gear oil? They only hold about a quart of 75w90.

The rear differential/carrier holds slightly more than a quart of 75w90. There is also a separate clutch fluid cavity on the rear carrier that uses Pentosin CHF 11s oil.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts