CD player 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Equinox2022Premier

Reaction score
I started converting my albums, tapes and CDs to digital over 20 years ago. Used to have cassette adapters in my old vehicles to play my digital files off my iPods. If I buy digital music off iTunes or Amazon etc, I back up with CDs.

Equinox2022Premier

Reaction score
There is something about being able to play the music you want to play when you want to play it that is nice. Rather than waiting for XM to decide to play it. I haven’t bought much digital music yet but I like your idea of making CD backup. Thanks!

luana

Reaction score
I ended up getting a different car CD player and this one worked. Connected a USB and aux ports. Happy.

Moonwink

Reaction score
Now all you have to do is keep swapping disks every few minutes. Even with a 10 CD changer in my motorhome, that got old really quick. Have fun keeping with those CDs. Copying all those songs to a thumb drive is the only practical way to go in my book.

Equinox2022Premier

Reaction score
Now all you have to do is keep swapping disks every few minutes. Even with a 10 CD changer in my motorhome, that got old really quick. Have fun keeping with those CDs. Copying all those songs to a thumb drive is the only practical way to go in my book.
That’s what I am thinking too. Any suggestions on what kind of thumb drive to buy? I would like everything on one thumb drive (or maybe I should say I’ll fill up one and that should be plenty.). I was thinking something large enough to find without having to see it to find it in the between seat compartment. I’ll buy something just for this so I’m open to any suggestions.

Moonwink

Reaction score
I'll bet a 32Gb thumb drive will hold more CDs than you'd ever dream of. 32Gb is a popular size but bigger ones are coming out all the time - they're not needed. I've got 2700+ songs on mine and it's no where close to being full - about 12Gb used. Each song takes up 5 to 8Mb at 256kbps sample rate. Just a few of my songs are sampled at 128kbps and they take up less than 3Mb each. Quite frankly, I can't tell the difference. The biggest headache is the volume level of the songs. It's hard to "normalize" the sound levels - not saying it can't be done but I haven't found an easy way to keep all the songs at the same volume.

Equinox2022Premier

Reaction score
I'll bet a 32Gb thumb drive will hold more CDs than you'd ever dream of. 32Gb is a popular size but bigger ones are coming out all the time - they're not needed. I've got 2700+ songs on mine and it's no where close to being full - about 12Gb used. Each song takes up 5 to 8Mb at 256kbps sample rate. Just a few of my songs are sampled at 128kbps and they take up less than 3Mb each. Quite frankly, I can't tell the difference. The biggest headache is the volume level of the songs. It's hard to "normalize" the sound levels - not saying it can't be done but I haven't found an easy way to keep all the songs at the same volume.
Thank you for the suggestions. That’s great. I’ll at least be aware of the volume issue. Thanks!

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
Just bought 2024 Equinox LT. Trying to add CD player. Bought one that hooks in USB port but no sound. Help
I have a MP3 hooked to my USB on my 2018. If your CDplayer lights up or or does anything then you have power. It's an obvious thing but did you change the source on your radio to USB. There is probably no volume control on your player but if there is raise the volume on the player and the car radio.

Latest posts