Battery Tender Cord Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff D.

Reaction score
I'm looking to install a Battery Tender cord on my wifes 2025 Equinox LT. I have done this to all my powersports equipment (motorcycles and snowmobiles) and vehicles to keep the batteries topped off when we leave them parked for any amount of time.

I do know to make sure the negative side of the Tenders cord is connected on the opposite side of the current sensor from the batteries negative terminal, so any current added into the battery by the Tender is measured by the vehicles BMS.

On the batteries positive side, there's quite a bit more going on than I'm used to. Looking it over, my guess is I could connect the cords positive terminal to the stud on the right that passes thru the long metal plate. Is that a right asumption?

It looks to me like the whole plate is tied directly to the batteries positive terminal.

I'd ziptie the cord up and run it out thru the grill like we used to do with block heater cords years ago, so I can have the hood closed when it's plugged in.

Thanks for any insight or tips.

PXL_20241014_233518724.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.