DIC reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharonywr

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I have a 2024 Equinox and absolutely love it, but my DIC will not display the home screen for me to change any display items to be shown actively while I am driving. It did have it once and I started exploring it, but NOW it will not go back to the home screen. I am NOT talking about the Infotainment center. I can scroll, hit the left, right, up, down, arrows all day long, but it will not take me back to the original home screen. What am I doing wrong? I would like to just reset it if I could, but there is NOTHING on the internet about doing that, it all discusses the infotainment center. I have already taken the negative terminal off of the battery and allowed it to sit for about 15 minutes, but upon reconnecting it, nothing had changed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Sharonywr

Reaction score
Thanks but I have watched this video multiple times to see what I am doing wrong. Nothing pertains to my issue. I appreciate your response, though. I am looking for a "reset" not how to set it. My DIC will not perform like this video shows.

ricklack

Reaction score
I checked my OM and it has nothing on how to reset the DIC. I wonder if you held the "OK" (Center) button on the right hand of the steering wheel, if it would do anything? I'd hold it for at least 15 seconds or more.

Failing that, if it's a 2024, you hopefully have warranty left and a trip to the dealer would be in order.

Colin Lister

Reaction score
Try this page

Hi, thanks for the video.
My 2018 Equinox ltz-v DIC shows the 'change oil' warning every time I start the car.
I know how to navigate to the rest option and have done in the past to reset it. Also the service centre has done likewise, but now it just doesn't reset.
Any idea?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.