Automatic Noise Cancelling Microphone Grille Install Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orion6192

Reaction score
Hello -

We have a 2020 Equinox LT Midnight Edition with the Active Noise Cancelling. I reached up and caught my fingernail under the edge the ANC grille located by the grab bar handle on the inside of the car at the headliner. It tilted it and I took it out seen the microhone inside and tried to pop it back in. It won't stay in. The tabs aren't broke. It came out with a subtle click but cannot get it to reengage. The passenger door one looks like its holding down tight enough to depress the headliner. I don't see nay slots or anything. Anyone have any ideas or any service people on here?

Appreciated -

Scott

back grille.JPGcover.jpg

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
there may be a ring on the other side that it clicks into. You could drop the headliner a bit on that side to see, but be careful, the side curtain airbag is there. You don't want to set that off.

orion6192

Reaction score
there may be a ring on the other side that it clicks into. You could drop the headliner a bit on that side to see, but be careful, the side curtain airbag is there. You don't want to set that off.

Yeah - I was wondering the same thing about a ring or clip.

Great call though in the side curtain air bag. Didn’t even think about that. Think it would be safe to remove the two handle screws and try to pull the headliner down would give me enough space or not worth the risk. I’ve never dropped a headliner.

If it just a cover and doesn’t “need” to be clipped in - maybe I’ll just put some thin adhesive tape around the outside of the barbs and let it grab the headliner and stay put. Not sure if it was critical it was fastened in.

Members online

No members online now.