Umbrella pockets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Has any figured out a way to keep the umbrella in the umbrella pocket? Every time i shut the door it pops out.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Hey, Vern... well I'll be damned. You just taught me something new. I had no idea there was a hidden upper slot for the umbrella, I've always just kept mine in the lower pocket:

Umbrella1.jpg

But then I noticed the little umbrella icon with the arrow pointing to the left, and discovered the hidden slot:

Umbrella2.jpg

I tested out that slot by shutting the door fairly hard several times, and the umbrella never moved. But the one I currently have is kinda stocky compared to prior ones that I've owned, so perhaps it just depends on the width of your umbrella.

I guess if I was going to suggest anything, it would be to wrap your umbrella in a shop towel or something similar, to "snug up" the fit in that slot.

ricklack

Reaction score
Right in front, and below, of the umbrella slot is a cupholder. I keep a tall travel water bottle I bought from Costco in there and it keeps the umbrella from sliding out. On the passenger side, my wife doesn't like the water bottle there, so I threw her umbrella in the back LOL

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Hey, Vern... well I'll be damned. You just taught me something new. I had no idea there was a hidden upper slot for the umbrella, I've always just kept mine in the lower pocket:

View attachment 2430

But then I noticed the little umbrella icon with the arrow pointing to the left, and discovered the hidden slot:

View attachment 2431

I tested out that slot by shutting the door fairly hard several times, and the umbrella never moved. But the one I currently have is kinda stocky compared to prior ones that I've owned, so perhaps it just depends on the width of your umbrella.

I guess if I was going to suggest anything, it would be to wrap your umbrella in a shop towel or something similar, to "snug up" the fit in that slot.
I like the idea of using a towel to wrap the umbrella in, this way after using and you get ready to store the umbrella you can warp the towel around it to keep water from draining off the umbrella and it does not get in the vehicle.

NikeRJC

Reaction score
Same issue over here. Tried a few different umbrellas but no success. Ended up just not using the strap on the umbrella. That way its fatter and holds in place better.

Members online

No members online now.