Please Help Me Stop My Head From Spinning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony69

Reaction score
I have 2014 Equinox 1LT AWD 4 cyl. and last week it jerked forward while driving. When I pulled over, I noticed the 'Service StabiliTrak' and 'Service Power Steering' messages. I drove the short distance back to my destination and parked it. Next day, I went to NAPA to have OBD II codes pulled. The following codes were pulled: U0101, C0010-5A, U0402-71 and U0101-00. Just talking to different mechanics without them seeing the car, I've been told it's sensor related, a TCM switch, an internal transmission issue and an electrical issue.
The problem I experienced was the car jerking forward, then bogging down and slowing down, the locks locking & unlocking and error messages on screen all while driving the short distance from where it first jerked forward. Also, it jumped back when it was in Reverse a couple of times. I checked the Owner's Manual and learned how to Turn Off the StabiliTrak and did so. My head has been spinning for the last week from all the different possible problems. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues and what the resolution was?

PoManNox

Reaction score
Could be as simple as a weak battery or charging system. Have the battery load tested and the charging system checked.

Anthony69

Reaction score
Could be as simple as a weak battery or charging system. Have the battery load tested and the charging system checked.
Yes, the battery and Alternator were tested and both tested within the voltage range & output levels. As much as it pains me to do, I've scheduled an appointment at a Chevy dealership service center. I'll update the forum with what they come up with. Thank for all the help and input.

rmkelley

Reaction score
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your Equniox? I am having similar issues the problem is every time I take it somewhere the vehicle is not acting up.

Anthony69

Reaction score
So. I sent codes to a mechanic friend of mine and he told that the Automatic Transmission Control Valve Body with TCM (Transmission Control Module) and Seals/Gaskets needed to be replaced. It's an Internal Transmission issue. The parts cost me $775., it took 8 quarts of Transmission Fluid (important to use Transmission Fluid specific to the make & model specs of your vehicle) and the labor cost me $500 (but, usually labor is upwards of $1800+). And the car had to be reprogrammed by GM...$155.
Hope this helps anyone else having the similar issue(s).

Members online

No members online now.