P06DA and P06DB Error Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin3676

Reaction score
Hi,

My 2019 Equinox has the Engine Power Reduced message and is throwing P06DA and P06DB codes. Anyone have experience with this issue. Thanks!

PoManNox

Reaction score
These are oil pressure control solenoid circuit codes. The first thing I would do is check your engine oil level. Hopefully you've been doing 5000 mile engine oil changes. If all that is good, you could have a bad oil pressure control solenoid, or a broken, corroded or chewed wire or connector to the solenoid.

All this oil pressure control solenoid does is adjust the engine oil pressure to maximize fuel economy. You'll see it toggle from ~65psid down to ~33psig or so at cruising speeds. You should be able to read your actual oil pressure on the center cluster display if you toggle through them. When these solenoids fail, they should fail at full pressure, so you should see the higher oil pressure all the time.

I had this same solenoid fail on my 2015 Chevy Malibu 2.5L. It didn't set a reduced engine power message. Just a the check engine light and code. Mine was a bad solenoid. It was an easy and cheap DIY fix on that car.

Kevin3676

Reaction score
Thanks. The first thing I checked was the oil level and it was fine. I am consistent with oil changes as well. The oil PSI is consistently around 56-60 this morning with a cold start and it was around 30-35 during a short trip around the block. The next question is, where is the solenoid located? There is very little info when I search it.

Thanks again for your help!

PoManNox

Reaction score
That's an odd one. If the oil press is toggling from the higher press to the "fuel economy" lower pressure, you'd think the solenoid is functioning. From a quick search, it looks like the solenoid is on the back side of the engine, just above the starter. So it's going to be I assume be under the intake manifold, between the manifold and the starter.

Kevin3676

Reaction score
Thanks again. Can I ask what you searched to find that location? Like I said, I was looking for it last night and couldn't find anything lol.

Kevin3676

Reaction score
I actually just took it for an easy short drive and the pressure never went under 53 so I'm thinking it's exactly what you experienced. Now I just need to locate the part.

Kevin3676

Reaction score
It looks like the solenoid is in the oil pan...

Attachments

• Q44.jpg
    Q44.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3

PoManNox

Reaction score
There is a sensor that protrudes out of the oil pan. Maybe that is it. When I googled it, a post came up from a terrain forum and I thought it was for a 2018+ 1.5, but perhaps not. It could have been pre 2018 or a 2.0L.

We do indeed have the LYX 1.5,

Members online