New member From Las Vegas NV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ledman66

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Mike and as the title says I live in Las Vegas Nevada and I’m the proud owner of a 2025 equinox RS AWD in Sterling Gray metallic.
If you care to read on please do, if not thanks for having me!

This is the first brand new Chevy I have bought since 1987 when that purchase was a Red Chevrolet turbo sprint five speed 1.0L 3 cylinder Turbo 70 hp Suzuki engine. It was a fun car for a young guy at the time! 50 mpg on the highway doing 80!

I had purchased a used 2018 Camaro SS back in ‘22 and was really impressed with it but I just never drove it much so I sold it after about 18 months.

I picked up the car on September 24 and so far I’m impressed with it, coming from a 22 Dodge Durango HEMI R/T and I am loving the gas mileage!

After purchasing the equinox I’m reading that the 1.5 L turbo is not that great of an engine. Can anybody dispel this as true or false?

I know no auto manufacturer is without its issues of course, but I have to say this, that the Equinox seems to be very good build quality and all the body panels are nice and tight and the gaps are near perfect.

unlike my 22 Durango for almost twice the price had a lot of Paint and body alignment issues straight from the factory.

Ledman66

Reaction score
A few pics

Attachments

• IMG_2384.jpeg
    IMG_2384.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 2

ricklack

Reaction score
Welcome! I have a 22 RS with a 170 HP 1.5T, you have 175HP. I had a 310 HP V6 in the 2013 Nox I traded in, and at first it was a bit disappointing. I quickly adapted and actually am impressed with the performance of my little 4 banger. I switched to premium fuel (top tier only) after a few thousand KMs and swear it has helped both power and gas mileage, most people disagree with me.

Now, saying it's not a great engine can mean a lot of things. The 1.5T has been around since 2017 and there are not a lot of complaints as far as maintenance and reliability. Up to 2022 they used a vacuum pump which is prone to failure, but they went electric in 2023 and it is not longer an issue.

Hopefully you will be happy with yours!

Ledman66

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve read up on it a little bit. It seems they’ve updated it over the years to solve some of the issues I mean it can’t be that complex of an engine. At least I have my three year 36,000 mile warranty for now. It seems to be pretty peppy like I said, coming from a hemi With double the horsepower. I sure am enjoying the gas mileage.

I was looking for a hybrid, but a lot of them were not really in my price range or I just did not like the styling of the vehicle of those that I may have been able to afford.

I take care of my vehicles. I always service them on time so hopefully that will sort any issues.

Members online