New Equinox owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yates 51

Reaction score
Actually it's my wife's, a new white 2024 Premier. I talked her into it rather than one of the three cyl. crossovers out there, that I didn't consider a good value for just a few thousand $ less.

Last edited:

Yates 51

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! How do you (and your wife) like it so far?
Wife seems to like it but the drivers seat is a bit cramped for me. It only has 400 mi on it and we hope mpg improves in the future, which I expect it will. It's not as slow as the car mags said and the transmission seems to shift quite well too. So far so good.

Last edited:

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Wife seems to like it but the drivers seat is a bit cramped for me. It only has 400 mi on it and we hope mpg improves in the future which I expect it will. It's not as slow as the car mags said and the transmission seems to shift quite well too. So far so good.
As a big man (6', 300lbs), I get that the driver's seat is a bit cramped. I almost went up a notch in size to the Blazer, for that reason. But I've owned a few sports cars, so I've gotten used to the tighter feel of the sportier seats and smaller cockpit. I really wanted this Equinox, and after 6 months I've become very comfortable in it.

My mileage is almost exactly as advertised, around 26/31 mpg. Closer to 32mpg when strictly highway. Much better than the Chevy Impala 3.5 V6 that it replaced.

I am also very happy with the performance of the 1.5-liter turbo and the 6-speed transmission. I was concerned that the little engine wasn't going to have enough power, but after a test drive that concern was eliminated. And after several months of driving it, I've had no issues at all with getting up to highway speed on an onramp, passing people, getting out in traffic, etc. The little turbo has some guts.

Staff online

Members online