Mychevrolet App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDSR21

Reaction score
Please forgive me if there is already a thread concerning the Mychevrolet App. I searched and came up empty. I purchased a new 2024 Equinox Premier 2 weeks ago. The sales lady had me download the Mychevrolet App at their dealer site during purchase of the vehicle. All was activated. up and running, passwords, ect....

3 days later the app has stopped communicating with the vehicle. It has now been over a week since it last connected and gave vehicle status. I have been going back and forth with Onstar & "Connected Services Technical Support Team" at Onstar/GM for a week and half, to no resolve.

Anyone else have any experience with this app not working as designed? It is very frustrating since it is "supposed" to be part of my Onstar Package, per my dealer. Hmmmm........

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the app? Sometimes that may work. If not I'm sorry but I never used that app

MDSR21

Reaction score
Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the app? Sometimes that may work. If not I'm sorry but I never used that app
Yes. Uninstalled, reinstalled numerous times. Tech has also sent pings to vehicle several times. They are now scratching their heads. App seems worthless. (when it worked for the 3 days, i was able to see where the vehicle was. it would give me it's location via the app on my cell phone)

Julioasensio

Reaction score
I would like to see hoy you solve it. My app has been working ok since i bought it but it would be useful to have a solution in case it fails.
I love the app specially on hot days that is when I would start the engine online (with the aircon on) to cool de interior until I get in the car

ricklack

Reaction score
Mine worked fine for the free 3 months, but I saw little use for the Connected Data Service and did not renew it. Thus the app does not have any use to me.

Slow Learner

Reaction score
My new phone won't pair with MyChevrolet. Known problem with Samsungs, now with a Google Pixel 9.
Many problems with Infotainment app. Supposedly a fix is in works.
Not holding my breath.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Mine worked fine for the free 3 months, but I saw little use for the Connected Data Service and did not renew it. Thus the app does not have any use to me.
I don't care about the OnStar stuff, either. But like Julioasensio said, the remote start option alone makes the app worthwhile to me.

Slow Learner

Reaction score
Not solved yet.
I plug in my phone to the USB port and select Android Auto and the mapping works fine, which is all I use it for.

Members online