My 2024 Equinox Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I wanted a black one, but my choices were limited. I purchased a used Silverado and it had a bad frame that was covered up. The dealer agreed to take it back on trade, but I was limited to their inventory. So silver it is.

ricklack

Reaction score
Nice looking Redline! My 2013 was black, so i get ya on keeping it clean.

Welcome to the Red door badge club! I call it that because my 22 RS came with the red door badges and appears to be a factory mistake. Only Redline models get the red outline door badges. I've looked at tons of RS models and asked on several online forums, and it seems I have the only RS with the Redline badges. It looks good, and I am pleased I have somewhat of a unicorn RS. However, my rear hatch equinox badge is just black, I often thought it would look better in red outline as well. Up here in Canada, there are not many redlines, I only recall seeing one Traverse. So I was unsure if the rear badge should be red or not. At least I have red on my RS badges :D

I find it odd that you don't have the red piping and stitching on the seats and dash, the RS does if you have leather (maybe with cloth as well, but I haven't thought to look). Also there are little red RS tags on the seatbacks. Also the RS gets a red insert below the shifter knob, just above the chrome. I wonder how Chevy makes these decisions, anyway? Seems to me it would be more appropriate to have red themes on a Redline. I am happy they put those touches on the RS, but find it puzzling at the same time.

Ironically, my 2013 LT2 with leather also had red piping and stitching. It was not a redline.

1719942753595.jpeg

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Nice looking Redline! My 2013 was black, so i get ya on keeping it clean.

Welcome to the Red door badge club! I call it that because my 22 RS came with the red door badges and appears to be a factory mistake. Only Redline models get the red outline door badges. I've looked at tons of RS models and asked on several online forums, and it seems I have the only RS with the Redline badges. It looks good, and I am pleased I have somewhat of a unicorn RS. However, my rear hatch equinox badge is just black, I often thought it would look better in red outline as well. Up here in Canada, there are not many redlines, I only recall seeing one Traverse. So I was unsure if the rear badge should be red or not. At least I have red on my RS badges :D

I find it odd that you don't have the red piping and stitching on the seats and dash, the RS does if you have leather (maybe with cloth as well, but I haven't thought to look). Also there are little red RS tags on the seatbacks. Also the RS gets a red insert below the shifter knob, just above the chrome. I wonder how Chevy makes these decisions, anyway? Seems to me it would be more appropriate to have red themes on a Redline. I am happy they put those touches on the RS, but find it puzzling at the same time.

Ironically, my 2013 LT2 with leather also had red piping and stitching. It was not a redline.

View attachment 2456
You can swap the rear badge out...

ricklack

Reaction score
I had found the red door badges on Amazon - I went looking when someone tried to steal the badges off my driver's side door. They only got the 3 strands of filament line halfway through the X when they must have been scared off. I was going to put a sign on the car saying to ask me for the 20 or 30 bucks instead of stealing my badges. no one has tried to steal them since. I suspect the guy at the hotel we stayed at in PA in July 2022 with the black RS Nox may have been the culprit.

Thx for that info, will see how much they are in Canada.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I had found the red door badges on Amazon - I went looking when someone tried to steal the badges off my driver's side door. They only got the 3 strands of filament line halfway through the X when they must have been scared off. I was going to put a sign on the car saying to ask me for the 20 or 30 bucks instead of stealing my badges. no one has tried to steal them since. I suspect the guy at the hotel we stayed at in PA in July 2022 with the black RS Nox may have been the culprit.

Thx for that info, will see how much they are in Canada.
Sorry it was a guy in PA. I like the badges, but don't think they would look right on ice silver.

ricklack

Reaction score
Sorry it was a guy in PA. I like the badges, but don't think they would look right on ice silver.
I am originally from the Allentown area, but the guy was likely traveling - so let's let's blame it on a Jersey guy! :ROFLMAO:

Red would look good on most any color, at least to me. Except maybe red.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
I find it odd that you don't have the red piping and stitching on the seats and dash, the RS does if you have leather (maybe with cloth as well, but I haven't thought to look).
I, too, find it very odd. I would think it would be automatic with the Red Line Edition. I bought some new mats, and I did get the red stitching on those. They look nice.

ricklack

Reaction score
Yeah, I like those mats. Were they from the dealer?

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
No, I got them from Lloyds. They've been around for years, and produce quality mats:

Not necessarily cheap, especially with the Chevy emblem and premium binding added. But they should last for years. I only did the front two, the back seat mat is good enough for now.

ricklack

Reaction score
No, I got them from Lloyds. They've been around for years, and produce quality mats:

Not necessarily cheap, especially with the Chevy emblem and premium binding added. But they should last for years. I only did the front two, the back seat mat is good enough for now.
Awesome, they have some nice options for the RS. I could save $21 USD by having them sent to my daughter's place and pick them up when I visit. I bookmarked that site, thx!

Flash

Reaction score
Boy, not in Florida. I am surprised you are also. You can cook something inside a black car. LOL

Cher Car 2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.