long start time after flat towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JFCLOUD

Reaction score
I just towed me Equinox for the first time for only 50 miles, just to see how it went. After I disconnected from my motor home, it took about 20 mins before I could get it started. When I towed it back home, the same thing happened. Is this normal? I followed the Chevy steps to tow, both times.

Lee

Reaction score
Does this thread help? What year is your car?

NXR71

Reaction score
What does this mean precisely? "before I could get it started"

No problems flat towing my 2020 Premier AWD 2.0L.

JFCLOUD

Reaction score
No such issues when towing our 2019 Equinox.
The service manager at my local Gm dealership, said that it was common, after the battery being disconnected for a long time. It could also have been the high ambient temperature at the time, 105 plus.

NXR71

Reaction score
The service manager at my local Gm dealership, said that it was common, after the battery being disconnected for a long time. It could also have been the high ambient temperature at the time, 105 plus.
So you have a 2023 or a 2024 Equinox then?

Cmaher

Reaction score
I just towed me Equinox for the first time for only 50 miles, just to see how it went. After I disconnected from my motor home, it took about 20 mins before I could get it started. When I towed it back home, the same thing happened. Is this normal? I followed the Chevy steps to tow, both times.
We’re you flat towing or dolly towing. And what do you mean by “ could get it started?” Did you just keep trying?

jimmymac

Reaction score
I've only pulled my 24 Premier FWD once, 30 miles, no issues with it starting right up. Have battery disconnect switch. Moderate temperatures.

Members online

No members online now.