Hello!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

htdun

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Tom and I own a '17 Equinox that I bought new. 92,000 miles with very few problems so far. I'm retired from GM after 49 years of service. Glad to stumble upon this site. Nice to meet you all.

ricklack

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Rick and I am old here ..... and everywhere! :ROFLMAO:

ricklack

Reaction score
I saw a t-shirt recently that I need to get, it said "It's weird being the same age as old people"... :p
LOL, I have that one! I also have "Who would have thought I'd be a grunpy old man, but here I am rocking it". And my fave - "I expect my last words will be "oh shit, that didn't go well""

I have a few other similar ..... .

Ltb31057

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Tom and I own a '17 Equinox that I bought new. 92,000 miles with very few problems so far. I'm retired from GM after 49 years of service. Glad to stumble upon this site. Nice to meet you all.
Hey there! Just joined today. I, too, have a 2017 Nox that I bought in August, 2016. Less tha 40k miles. However, my issue is the A/C. I have a thread currently going about the hot and cold air blowing intermittently with no rhyme or reason. When it's hot, it blows gently, then when it goes back to cold, it's blasting! Triple digit temps in TX is not a good situation when your A/C blows hot. It can be freezing cold for a few weeks, then suddenly, hot air blows out for a minute (and it's a looong minute) then goes back to cold.
Been doing this since I got it, brought it into the dealership more times than I can remember under warranty, and since the A/C worked fine at the shop, they couldn't diagnose the problem! Now, I've been out of warranty 2 years and it's still acting up.
Any clues to what's going on?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hey there! Just joined today. I, too, have a 2017 Nox that I bought in August, 2016. Less tha 40k miles. However, my issue is the A/C. I have a thread currently going about the hot and cold air blowing intermittently with no rhyme or reason. When it's hot, it blows gently, then when it goes back to cold, it's blasting! Triple digit temps in TX is not a good situation when your A/C blows hot. It can be freezing cold for a few weeks, then suddenly, hot air blows out for a minute (and it's a looong minute) then goes back to cold.
Been doing this since I got it, brought it into the dealership more times than I can remember under warranty, and since the A/C worked fine at the shop, they couldn't diagnose the problem! Now, I've been out of warranty 2 years and it's still acting up.
Any clues to what's going on?
I hear the heat / ac blend door can stick on the 10-17 equinoxes.

Ltb31057

Reaction score
OK, I will tell the service manager that the next time I bring it in for oil change/maintenance! Thanks!

Members online