Hello from New Orleans!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pearl69

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Equinox LT, as a downsize to more financially appropriate city transportation for a retiree who doesn't drive much. I look forward to tips, updates, and heads-up to keep my new/used vehicle in good running condition.
Pearl69

Pearl69

Reaction score
Hi, Pearl69!

Welcome to the forum. How do you like your Equinox, so far?
Love it. One annoyance is a "left rear turn indicator failure" message. The service dept. at the dealership says the previous owner apparently replaced the LED light with a halogen light. The turn signal works, but it blinks fast and I get the failure message. Other than that, no problems.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Excellent. I love mine, as well. And that sounds like an easy enough fix; just order the proper light, and replace it (or have the service dept. do so).

ricklack

Reaction score
Love it. One annoyance is a "left rear turn indicator failure" message. The service dept. at the dealership says the previous owner apparently replaced the LED light with a halogen light. The turn signal works, but it blinks fast and I get the failure message. Other than that, no problems.
I'm a bit confused about the left rear turn signal issue. In 2022, only the RS and Premier Equinoxes had LED rear lights. The LT does not have LED.

That said, I recently saw a Youtube video of a white Equinox that had some body work done on the left rear, and the body shop did a poor job connecting the new light socket to the wiring harness. It was displaying the exact message you report. Mechanic replaced the offending wires and resolved the issue. The dealer had quoted some ridiculous price to replace the wiring harness. The mechanic fixed it for a small fraction of that. Ironically, it was also a white LT.

Pearl69

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about the left rear turn signal issue. In 2022, only the RS and Premier Equinoxes had LED rear lights. The LT does not have LED.

That said, I recently saw a Youtube video of a white Equinox that had some body work done on the left rear, and the body shop did a poor job connecting the new light socket to the wiring harness. It was displaying the exact message you report. Mechanic replaced the offending wires and resolved the issue. The dealer had quoted some ridiculous price to replace the wiring harness. The mechanic fixed it for a small fraction of that. Ironically, it was also a white LT.
Thanks for this. I will look for the video. The original sticker on my LT indicates LED head lamps and daytime running lamps, no mention of rear lights. Right now, this is only an annoyance when I signal a left turn. In a few months, I will stop everything to get it fixed ASAP. Thanks 😊

Members online