Center Console Very Warm to Touch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruceC

Reaction score
Recently purchased a certified 2022 Premier and have first noticed that the inside of center console is becomes very warm to the touch as I am driving. The car is running perfect, all the diagnostics are in each range of their perspective readings. The only thing plugged into any of the console port is a USB thumb drive I use for music listening. The USB drive itself is not warm. All that is in the console is handful of napkins. The glove box is not warm nor is anywhere else in the car.

I have call Chevrolet service they did not seem to know what the problem is over the phone and I have a future appointment to bring the car in to the service center.

Hoping this forum has some definite ideas or answer I can assist the service center with.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

ricklack

Reaction score
On older models, the radio amplifier is located in that general area. I would guess it is the same on our Gen 3 models. Please share what they find.

BruceC

Reaction score
On older models, the radio amplifier is located in that general area. I would guess it is the same on our Gen 3 models. Please share what they find.
That sounds like a logical answer to the problem I will check this out and report back. Unfortunate my local Chevy dealer is a 4 week backup for service appointments. Thank you for this information

Lee

Reaction score
Today after driving my 2018 Premier for 15 or 20 miles I opened the lid and felt inside the console.
It felt cool inside.

Members online

Latest posts