Aftermarket wireless CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NikeRJC

Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone have a wireless CarPlay adapter for their equinox? I’m looking for recommendations on brands that function flawlessly before making a purchase. Thanks in advance!

NXR71

Reaction score
No, however I know that CarPlay, unlike Android Auto, is very bandwidth-intensive and an adapter that only uses Bluetooth will not cut it. The good ones use both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi part is used to supply the extra bandwidth needed by CarPlay.

But it's not like regular Wi-Fi. It's only used for CarPlay and there usually is no setup needed once Bluetooth has been paired. It just works.

People seem to like this one, for whatever that's worth, and I do not have an iPhone so I have never tried it: https://www.amazon.com/OTTOCAST-Wireless-CarPlay-Adapter-Install/dp/B09Q176WHH/

hjb

Reaction score
I've had this for about a year, it works ok with our iPhones. It can be a little slow to connect initially, but once connect it works just like the wired car play. I spend about $90 on this a year ago, though it seems to be about half off right now.

NikeRJC

Reaction score
I just ordered the Ottocast MX. I’ll let you guy know how it functions after living with it for a bit.

Bronzebox

Reaction score
I've had this for about a year, it works ok with our iPhones. It can be a little slow to connect initially, but once connect it works just like the wired car play. I spend about $90 on this a year ago, though it seems to be about half off right now.
Have wireless in the Equinox but I use a CarlinKit like this one in my Maverick truck and it’s OK for the most part.

Members online