Adaptive Cruise (adding option)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

insight

Reaction score
Daughter bought a 2023 Equinox with lane assist, collision avoidance and she though adaptive cruise control (the collision avoid settings fooled her.) Talked to a dealer service guy to have him program it in and he said it can not be done.
Is there a chevy # or sight that may be able to double check this? It has a the hardware need for adaptive cruise control.
thank you

ricklack

Reaction score
It baffles me that cars with FCA would not all have Adaptive Cruise. Perhaps there are a few relays and programming difference, but why not put it in all cars? It is one of my favorite features and I use it daily. It is now a must have item for me going forward.

I was browsing the new Equinox and Terrains at the dealer yesterday and noticed all the various models had Adaptive Cruise, though some had a package added that included it and it still wasn't standard.

Due to safety implications, I can see why they wouldn't supply this as an add on. It's a shame she didn't check the features closer before buying.

Members online

No members online now.