2025 RS trailer package (Receiver Hitch) (What does it look like installed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

penright

Reaction score
We just bought our 2025 this week and I was looking for receivers that would fit it. I found one on the Chevrolet website.
My question is what does it look like installed?
I can not find any pictures online. I joined this forum a while back, while I was working on my granddaughter's 2017. I was hoping maybe someone has had one installed and would share a picture.
It also says the hitch plug and bezel are sold separately, I do not see them anywhere. If it was something in the refrigerator, I would just ask my wife, I am sure it is right in front of me and I just don't see it.
Anyone with any experience that can help?

1728592424289.png

penright

Reaction score
Last night, I took a picture of the underside.

1728656340397.png

I also zoomed in on the bracket

1728656483989.png

It looks like to me that you have to pull the bumper. Then it slides into the frame rail up to the flange. Then the bumper and exhaust mount goes back on. I am making that assumption based on the threads are on the bracket and there are just 4 bolts with no nuts. The two flat washers with the two holes, makes me think they have to come from the bottom. The flat washers look like it adds support by sandwiching the frame rail between the washer and bracket. I like the way it is connected between the rail and bumper. That adds some support from downward weight, but also rear pull.

The Curt model that I found is a lot cheaper but is more of the traditional method of fishing the bolt through the frame rail. It has 3 bolts but they only hold it against the frame rail.

I still would love to see some pictures. The Curt one was a 2024 model, I think. :)

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Hi I just came across your post in the weekly email. I have a 2019 equinox (I know you have a 2025 and there is a model change) and I installed an aftermarket hitch receiver. If I can give you any advise it is to go with the oem one if it mounts up higher than an aftermarket using the frame holes underneath. I say this bc the one on my car is very low and I wind up scraping if I have anything hitched up. I bought a hitch riser to bring it up higher but coming out of my driveway I will still scrape the underside of the riser or the bottom of a cargo basket, empty.

penright

Reaction score
@AmmoJoe thanks for the info. I was about 70 toward the OEM. Not sure if it will be any lower, I guess that depends on whether they give a new lower valance. Comparing the pictures it does not look like it.
Now I am about 85% toward the OEM. My only question now is about the valance. The RS has the painted one, I don't want to start cutting on it. I wish could find someone with a 2025 that had pictures. :)

1728932617045.png

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
@AmmoJoe thanks for the info. I was about 70 toward the OEM. Not sure if it will be any lower, I guess that depends on whether they give a new lower valance. Comparing the pictures it does not look like it.
Now I am about 85% toward the OEM. My only question now is about the valance. The RS has the painted one, I don't want to start cutting on it. I wish could find someone with a 2025 that had pictures. :)

View attachment 2648
On the previous generation the rear bumper would actually get cut and a trim piece would be installed. The part would replace the actual metal bumper underneath the cover.

penright

Reaction score
On the previous generation the rear bumper would actually get cut and a trim piece would be installed. The part would replace the actual metal bumper underneath the cover.
Thank you, .....
I can see that now, my first thought, it was sandwiched between the bumper, how the hitch sits in front of the flange there is no way. I don't see the trim piece in the photo of the OEM.

Rocky

Reaction score
2024 LT
I purchased a factory GM hitch (84078271). The receiver sits up inside the rear bumper. Much cleaner than any other third party receiver I've seen. It took 2 - 3 hours to install. I found a good video on youtube showing / explaining the work. My bezel trim piece was factory cut and clipped in on the top and screws hold the bottom. Easy to remove and expose the receiver or keep covered when not in use like there is no hitch. The hitch plug was included in the kit I purchased.

Attachments

• Hitch exposed.jpg
    Hitch exposed.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 5

penright

Reaction score
My bezel trim piece was factory cut and clipped in on the top and screws hold the bottom.
Thanks for the picture. That should be the same since 2025 sits on the D2XX platform. I am not that knowable, I just know how to Google. :)
I am guessing you installed your, correct? I am guessing mine is not "factory cut". Am I missing something?

1728998873834.png

1728999349086.png

Members online

No members online now.