2024 Equinox LT - eliminate auto start/stop function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricklack

Reaction score
I have been testing the new pigtail for several days now and the little green car works as it should. The light is on when a car is in front of me a good distance away, turns yellow when I get too close to that car, and off when nothing is in front of me. Everything works correctly with the defeat pigtail installed.
You forgot to test if the car icon turns blue when you have Adaptive Cruise set, and step on the gas because you're impatient and want it to accelerate faster :ROFLMAO:

BDCEquinox

Reaction score
2024 RS. Remote start works with the FOB and the APP. No issues as I mentioned in a previous post on this thread.
One other question. Someone commented that after you install this, the car won't start if the hood is open. Is that true?

Brennb

Reaction score
One other question. Someone commented that after you install this, the car won't start if the hood is open. Is that true?
Won't start? Or won't remote start with the hood open? You guy's are really digging in the weeds here. $20 on amazon. If it dosen't meet your requirements, send it back. sheesh

BDCEquinox

Reaction score
Won't start? Or won't remote start with the hood open? You guy's are really digging in the weeds here. $20 on amazon. If it dosen't meet your requirements, send it back. sheesh
Just says won't start with hood open. I often start my vehicle with hood open while working on it, so yes it matters.

I try to know what I'm buying, I don't like returning things unless absolutely necessary. Abusing return policies because you make careless purchase decisions can prevent you from returning things you really need to return.

PoManNox

Reaction score
I'm just curious.. does anyone know exactly what this part does, to disable the auto start/stop? How does it actually work?
As much of a car guy as I think I am, I can't figure it out. I've got the ~$10 hood switch bypass harness on both my 2021 Equinox and 2021 Traverse and it works perfectly to eliminate auto stop/start. No check engine light, no remote start issues and the hood ajar message sill lights up as it should. Neither of my 2021s have an "off" button for auto stop/start.

gmfigtree

Reaction score
Will this bypass harness work on my 2018 Equinox LT, without an auto start/stop switch on the dash?

PoManNox

Reaction score
Will this bypass harness work on my 2018 Equinox LT, without an auto start/stop switch on the dash?
Yes. My 2021 does not have an off switch for the auto s/s and the above mentioned harness works perfectly. If I had an off switch, I probably wouldn't bother with a bypass harness.

Last edited:

bob k6mit

Reaction score
I have a new 2024 Equinox LT and wish to eliminate the start/stop function. I see that earlier models up to 2023 have a cable that replaces factory wiring to accomplish this, but I have not been able to find something similar which will do the same for my 2024 model. Anyone know of a product that will do this?

Thanks, aja8888
you can get them on amazon or ebay

Members online