2022 Equinox RS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricklack

Reaction score
I realized I never posted pics of my 22 RS. Included pics of my red calipers, sadly in less that a year the epoxy paint is chipped from stone. Put 4 coats on em, but still not enough. The interior pic shows the red outline tray/cupholder inserts. I like my winter wheels (17") better than the "black chrome" RS wheels (19") I run in the summer. Gotta say, I really like this car. The first 2 pics were when I went to the dealer to first see it, it had 2.2 kms on it. I picked it up the next night, and then 2 days later I went back for them to put the snows and wheels in the 3rd pic.

Build date was 12/10/21, it got to the dealer 12/16/21 when I bought it, and I drove it home 12/17/21. It helps that it was built in Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada and only had to go about 5.5 hours to get here.

20211215_180712.jpg
20211215_180619.jpg
20211218_121647.jpg20211218_122022.jpg20230828_090224.jpg20230726_162503_Step_3_transmission.jpg

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I like both sets of wheels. Did you black out the bow tie on the steering wheel or did it come that way?

ricklack

Reaction score
I like both sets of wheels. Did you black out the bow tie on the steering wheel or did it come that way?
The RS has front, back and steering wheel bowties black from the factory.

I like the black chrome wheels a little better, now that the calipers give some color to the wheel area. Still prefer the aluminum wheels on the winters tho.

As the factory black chrome wrapping starts peeling away on the front grill and rear bumper (both were replaced for this under warranty), I plan to take it all off and let the chrome underneath show through. I'm not a fan of all the dark, or blacked out, cars.

Forgot to mention, I already have 106,000kms on it, with no real issues.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Very sharp! I like that color. And I like the red calipers. I thought about getting the red caliper covers, thinking they would last longer than trying to paint them, but they're not cheap.

"winter wheels"

Ah, yes. I remember winter. I was born and raised in Michigan, near Detroit. I couldn't deal with the cold, so now I live in the land of palm trees (Florida).

ricklack

Reaction score
I thought the RS wheels were gray.
They are actually called black chrome, ironically they are almost identical to the Iron Gray Mettalic paint on the car, you have to look very close to realize they are slightly different. The aluminum alloys are my winter wheels. TBH, I prefer the winter wheels.

Last edited:

ricklack

Reaction score
Very sharp! I like that color. And I like the red calipers. I thought about getting the red caliper covers, thinking they would last longer than trying to paint them, but they're not cheap.

"winter wheels"

Ah, yes. I remember winter. I was born and raised in Michigan, near Detroit. I couldn't deal with the cold, so now I live in the land of palm trees (Florida).
My sister keeps bugging me to move to Florida, maybe when I retire. For now I just visit lol

Staff online