2022 A/C drain line moved for this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viehweger

Reaction score
I've seen video after video of a/c drain lines being blown out when moisture collects inside. I'd rather not waste time at a dealer on what should be a simple thing, but for the life of me, I don't see the line where everyone has videos and pictures of it. Was it changed for 21 and or 22? Looked center down in the firewall, looked under the driver side. Either I'm getting blind, or I'm just not seeing it in those locations. Would anyone please clue me in on what, or rather where, I'm missing here, please?

PoManNox

Reaction score
Do you suspect yours is plugged?

I'd run it in your driveway with the a/c on until condensation starts to drip on the ground. That will lead you to the condensate drain tube. I've got a 2021 myself and have been under it a few times. I too can't say the little feller stood out for me either.

On our 2019 Pathfinder, you couldn't see the actual drain tube. It drained out a hole in one of the unibody frame rails. The drain hose routed into that frame rail.

Viehweger

Reaction score
Do you suspect yours is plugged?

I'd run it in your driveway with the a/c on until condensation starts to drip on the ground. That will lead you to the condensate drain tube. I've got a 2021 myself and have been under it a few times. I too can't say the little feller stood out for me either.

On our 2019 Pathfinder, you couldn't see the actual drain tube. It drained out a hole in one of the unibody frame rails. The drain hose routed into that frame rail.
I do suspect it. I have all weather mats, and the last couple of times we took them out to clean them, we've noticed water underneath. Not soaking, but enough to know something isn't right. Yeah, I figured I'd have to run it later, was just hoping someone could shed some light on it before I crawled under or over a hot car. lol. Thank you so much, @PoManNox! Guess that's what I'm gonna have to do.

PoManNox

Reaction score
Now I gotta go lift the all-weather mat in my 2021 to check....

You don't have a sunroof by chance?

If it is the a/c, these things dump a lot of condensate, so the area should present itself easily and quickly.

Viehweger

Reaction score
Now I gotta go lift the all-weather mat in my 2021 to check....

You don't have a sunroof by chance?

If it is the a/c, these things dump a lot of condensate, so the area should present itself easily and quickly.
noooooo... I won't touch a sunroof ever again. Learned my lesson there. lol. I'm definitely going to get in there tomorrow and take a better look at it. It was a crazy day today. I'll let you know what I find! Sorry to pass the paranoia along! lol

PoManNox

Reaction score
noooooo... I won't touch a sunroof ever again. Learned my lesson there. lol. I'm definitely going to get in there tomorrow and take a better look at it. It was a crazy day today. I'll let you know what I find! Sorry to pass the paranoia along! lol
Smart man! They are nothing but trouble. Good luck on the search. I don't know that I've ever heard of a condensate drain issue with a 2018+ You might be our guy!

Members online

Latest posts