2020 Equinox LT 2.0 Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruce J

Reaction score
Installed cable for start\stop idle bypass. After installing engine light stayed on. Not sure why and if cable has created this problem.
Removed it and engine light went off

PoManNox

Reaction score
One of those ~$10 Amazon bypass harnesses worked perfectly on my 2021 Equinox 1.5 and 2021 Traverse, but I have seen people report on the forums where one from one vendor may work, while another lights the MIL. I'd send it back and try one from another seller.

fpfontaine

Reaction score
I purchased this cable on eBay for my 2020 Premier 2.0t month ago. No issues so far.

Auto Start Stop Eliminator, Auto Stop Start Disable for Chevy Equinox Malibu Cru on eBay!

NXR71

Reaction score
Installed cable for start\stop idle bypass. After installing engine light stayed on. Not sure why and if cable has created this problem.
Please post the link to the one you bought so people will know to not buy that one in the future.

Jondster

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people on the planet that actually doesn't mind the auto start/stop, and mine very rarely works

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
I also have a 2020 2.0 I use the one that attaches to the battery sensor. Much more expensive than the hood latch one . But have no issues

bagbyjw

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people on the planet that actually doesn't mind the auto start/stop, and mine very rarely works
I must also be one, as when I start my vehicle I just reach over and press the auto start/stop button, 3 seconds and don't have to worry about it or install something that was not originally on the vehicle.

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
I must also be one, as when I start my vehicle I just reach over and press the auto start/stop button, 3 seconds and don't have to worry about it or install something that was not originally on the vehicle.
Not all years have the disable button . Don’t think they put that in till 2023

NXR71

Reaction score
Check that … 2021 I believe they added the disable button .
Per the Owners Manual the 2022 was the first one to get the button but it was supposed to go in the 2021.

Please share a link for the one that fools the batter ysensor.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Are you saying you need to hold the button 3 seconds?
No, I'm saying it takes 3 seconds from the time I push the start button to start the cart then to push the button to turn off the auto start/stop function

Reactions: Lee

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
Per the Owners Manual the 2022 was the first one to get the button but it was supposed to go in the 2021.

Please share a link for the one that fools the batter ysensor.
Smartstopstart.com

Members online

No members online now.