2020 Equinox LT 1.5 T fuel trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucasjs1207

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 equinox lt 1.5 turbo midnight edition with 43k miles and it’s overall in very good shape. i noticed the long term fuel trim was -20 however, but the car idles perfectly even and gets good gas mileage, no codes or anything. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed theirs.

lucasjs1207

Reaction score
I scanned it before I purchased it but no codes or check engine lights so i still bought it because it was in really good shape, maybe some fuel cleaner would help if gas mileage goes down

lucasjs1207

Reaction score
yes i’ll check those, runs completely good and gets the rated fuel economy, idles dead smooth so can’t be too serious. i do have a pretty cheap one tho so who knows if my scan tool is completely accurate

PoManNox

Reaction score
Can you read short term and long term fuel trim? What is the short term?

If she's running perfectly, getting 30+ miles per gallon average and has no other trouble codes, I really don't know what to say on this one.

lucasjs1207

Reaction score
short term at most i saw was between -1 and -2 but not too concerned, was checking if anyone noticed their fuel trim

Members online

No members online now.