2019 Equinox Electrical Light Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris317

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I recently had my 2019 Equinox go haywire on me electrically. My headlights, brake lights and turn signals havd been affected. The front driver head light works but not the passenger. The passenger brake light works. But not the drivers side. Same thing with the turn signals.
Im mechanically inclined. But I am not good with or comfortable with electrical stuff at all. I have however changed the fuses and relays associated with the problematic areas. As well as disconnecting the battery for multiple time frames for a "reset". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im at a complete loss.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to make any comments after being blasted for a suggestion, but here goes. Is it possible there is a exposed wire causing a ground problem?

PoManNox

Reaction score
Has there been any collision work done that you are aware of? Any trailer plug harness or anything aftermarket tied in to the tail lamp electronics?

I saw a south main auto video recently where Eric O had a 2018+ Equinox in with a headlamp problem that was associated with a pinched/corroded wire in the left rear wheel well. There is a large-ish harness there tucked above the wheel well liner associated with the whole head/taillamp circuit. The vehicle had some collision work done in that corner at some point, causing the wire damage. Of course no other dealer or shop could/would solve the problem.

ricklack

Reaction score
I might sound like a parrot, did you have the battery load or crank tested? If your battery is original, it is suspect.

Chris317

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can find all the ground wires on a 2019 equinox. Its the 1.5. After everything ive read and done. Im thinking it has to be a grounding issue. But I cannot find anything showing where all they can be found.

Chris317

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I ended up having a guy come take a look. He actually seen my thread on here. Lol. Turns out I had a bad BCM.

Members online