2018 Battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Severum17

Reaction score
Any tricks or suggestions for battery replacement? Should be a simple in and out. Anything to reset? Thanks

ravenblack67

Reaction score
No need to register the battery. Just pop it in. I did mine at autozone. It took about 10 minutes.

Reaction score
I've replaced the Batts in a 2011 and a 2019, both had components mounted on Top of them. To me it looks likes the engineers itinually made it more challenging.
Check out some of the vids on it, it's still within the DIY realm, I think.

BDCEquinox

Reaction score
Any tricks or suggestions for battery replacement? Should be a simple in and out. Anything to reset? Thanks
Easy to do. Just make sure you buy the correct sized AGM battery. The Stop Start and vehicle charging patterns are designed for AGM because they can be more deeply discharged and still work correctly. Fitting the correct size and type of battery is important to maintain the proper function you expect.

Last edited:

Vladimir032

Reaction score
Tell me this problem: the battery was charged from the factory, it shows a voltage of 12.6, you put it in the car, the car does not start and immediately after the first attempt to start the voltage drops to 9. Is it possible to fix the battery somehow? Or if it is a replacement, then just buy any AGM battery with the start stop function at the appropriate power, or are there any nuances???

Severum17

Reaction score
Tell me this problem: the battery was charged from the factory, it shows a voltage of 12.6, you put it in the car, the car does not start and immediately after the first attempt to start the voltage drops to 9. Is it possible to fix the battery somehow? Or if it is a replacement, then just buy any AGM battery with the start stop function at the appropriate power, or are there any nuances???
Batteries are not repairable. 40 years as a GM parts guy, and I can tell you that its possible for new parts to be defective. Not common, but it happens. I use genuine GM parts whenever I can, thats just me. They fit and they work. If you go aftermarket, make sure that the specs are the same as original equipment or better. Its possible that you have another issue but it sure sounds like you got a new defective battery. Good Luck

PoManNox

Reaction score
The variable voltage changing system and auto stop/start system do nothing good for our Equinox's battery, charging system and electrical system in general.

We all know how to defeat the auto stop/start simply, easily and cheaply. I wish there was a way to eliminate GMs "smart charging" system that is there for no other reason than an attempt to save fuel.

I've been using Walmart replacement batteries for over 30yrs. Never had an issue with them and they're typically half the cost of going to a parts store or dealer.

Members online