2011 equinox stalls cold runs great warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carkivey3

Reaction score
engine replaced 3 yrs ago with a remanufactured after low oil ruined engine. has been fine since. last week first thing it started stalling about every 1/4 mile. fires right back up. drove like this 3-4 miles and then it ran great. drove 10 miles, cut off and it fired up n ran fine. tried several times and it worked each time. let it sit 3 hrs and then it would fire, run 3 secs n cut off. thats all it done for the next 2 days. unplugged maf sensor and both o2 sensors with no improvement. of course they should not effect it till it reaches a certain temp. no fault codes. fuel pressure from tank always 60-65 psi. replaced throttle bodyno change. discovered pouring gas thru throttle body kept it running which means fuel problem. if injectors why does it start up every time for a few secs. I then hooked up a bottle feed and let it run 30 mins. once it was warm it ran perfect on its own. drove 20 miles ok. let it sit 3 hrs and it ran fine. let it sit 8 hrs and it ran fine. let it sit 18hrs and back to running 3 secs. no fault codes. fuel trim should run at the average of last cycle till engine warms and starts adjusting fuel trim off 02 sensors. is it possible the ecu is not remembering this specific function and after warming up it runs off live data

carkivey3

Reaction score
anybody have any ideas. it looks like the ecu controls both positive and neg to injectors where most just control neg. problem disappeared for a day then started cutting off while driving till warm now back to starting n runnin for 3 seconds

carkivey3

Reaction score
update: forget the runnin 2-3 secs and dying. i was doing that with breather off and these things will not run that way. still stalls cold runs fine warm. i have replaced maf sensor since it sends signals whether engine hot or cold. changed throttle body thinking it may not be sending correct signal back to ecu. have tried it with o2 sensors unplugged. tried it with cam solenoids unplugged, have tried it with cam position sensors unplugged. it runs the same and shuts off cold. i have sprayed brake cleaner anywhere i thought there might be a vacuum leak with no change to running engine. i will try to attach videos. in video i meant to say with sensors unplugged it runs off long term fuel trim. cant import videos. the video showed it stalling at idle after 20-30 secs. also showed it stall while traveling. can allways fire it back up as nothing happened. vide showed it reach operating temp and stalling went away

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.