2010 terrain clicking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeg008

Reaction score
2010 GMC Terrain SLE AWD 2.4l 145K miles. There's a sound from the right front of the car that I only hear when going over 40mph. Sounds like it’s from the wheel or somewhere near there. It does not change if I am turning right, left, accelerating, decelerating in neutral or going over bumps. I'm thinking it's an inner cv joint. Bothe axle boots are still good. What do you all think?
Video below
Link to the video
Thanks!

Last edited:

Travis Bickle

Reaction score
Wow, that's wierd. I'd think CV axle, or wheel hub (bearing), but that sound isn't characteristic of either of those in my experience. But my first guess would point to one of those.

Is it possible there's a brake shield or something else loose in the wheel well that's banging around making that sound? Might yank the wheel off and have a good look.

Fabiliz_5

Reaction score
I had a clicking sound from a bad cv axle with no damage to the boots so it could be it.

BDCEquinox

Reaction score
Last time I had a bad CV Axle, driving in a straight line it would be fine but when turning slightly to the right it would start popping. Boots were perfect.

Members online