Trans Shifting Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

negron59

Reaction score
Hi all:
I have a 2014 Equinox that goes into downshift when on the highway even though I'm not pressing hard on the accelerator, I experience this at 55-65-70 and even when at 80MPH.

Now it does this also when I'm in manual shift mode and or weather the eco mode is on or off. so, I have two friends with the same 2014 Equinox and they don't do that downshift like mine , when in manual shift mode I press the accelerator to the floor and neither one of my friends vehicles downshift at all, now I have been thinking maybe the computer software needs to be re-flashed (TCM) or something inside the trans, I bought it with 70k Miles and now have 119K but it always did it since I purchased it.

Trans doesen't slip, buckle or behave strangely other than that. Can anyone help

theskyisoutthere

Reaction score
Did you check for "proper fluid level" in trans. I did this too and experienced many wierd issues. You have to di the fluid trans hot and running like a normal auto. I believe 14 is same as the 11 and 12 here. They are super finicky with trans fluid level. I filled on running cold and it was a problem came back hot running and it was over full a bit.

I have an 11 that had a hanging rpm shift and would go up and down in the 4th to 5th shift like it was hunting the gear. Scared me though mechanical issues. Someone else suggested TCM reset. Dealer here would not do it with out a 3 hour diag charge. Pretty steep right? So a friend has a small shop, has a pro scan tool, was able to go in to the test and calibrate functions and it fixed the hunting shift issues after it was done it was like it was relearning for that day and now it's as perfect as an 11 trans can be.

If you have a good dealer service they might do it during an estimate for nothing, my local dealer is not very good.

Members online

No members online now.