For those who don't know... Excellent AT Tire Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakebot

Reaction score
My gf and I actually overland in our 2017 'nox AWD 2.4. A LOT!lol The good fuel economy makes it ideal for long trips. I have been doin research and measuring, trying to figure out which tire size I could upgrade to, because my old BFG K02s got some gnarly wear and I wanted to retire them(no wise cracks). Anyway, as you're probably already aware, tire shops and online search tools will keep you from seeing any tire size except stock (225/65/17, in my case). The stock sized BFG K02s before and was not really impressed with the long term wear and road noise. I also had to air down a lot for different terrain. They were durable and dependable as can be though. I can't knock 'em.

SO!!!...I finally had my tire shop order a set of one the few companies that actually make a Load Range E in the size LT225/75/17, Cooper Discoverer AT3s. We did a fitment test and had miles of room. No rubbing anywhere! Even though this is a substantially larger than stock tire.

Observations after a trip across the Southwestern USA Dune Country that I just got back from:

- More quiet and smooth than my highway tires on the highway😳😳😳

- Around an inch of extra ground clearance due to difference in tire height😃😃😃

- Works well in sand👍🏼

- Never lost traction, ever, not once👍🏼

- Speedometer surprisingly not affected much(1mph shy of gps under 40, 2mph shy of GPS under 65, and 3mph shy of GPS at 80)😯🙂😁

- MPG(I was having too much fun to calculate, but dash was displaying around 21mpg average, however at least 10-15% of the trip was sand and offroading, so...lol)...anyways, I will run some calcs and post actual numbers later.👍🏼

- I did not air down because I never felt the need. Mostly tested on highway and sand. I will update after I do more effed up trails with big rocks and compare with how the BFGs did on the same trail.👌🏽

- Much better entrance and exit angle(no more scraping the skirt).❤️❤️❤️

- Still brakes good.👍🏼

- Steering radius still nice and tight.👍🏼

Please hit me up for questions if you have any. I recommend highly these tires.

Members online