Available performance mods for 2024 model.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brand-O-Matic

Reaction score
I haven't really been able to find much, but are there any mods that can be done to enhance the performance of this blistering 175hp sprinter we have? I'm liking the Equinox, but it sure is a shame this engine is the only option. Just figured there had to be something out there to help us squeeze a bit more out of it.

ricklack

Reaction score
Best mod I found was to trade it in on a Blazer with a V6 :ROFLMAO:

I've adjusted to life without the 3.6 and am satisfied with the 1.5. I feel any performance mods you find won't likely be enough to make it worth doing. I painted my calipers red, it makes it look like it's going faster than it is LOL

Brand-O-Matic

Reaction score
I feel you there. I thought about painting my calipers also. I was going to go for the Blazer or Traverse, but the wife won out wanting good gas mileage. Oh well, I like the Equinox. I just have to learn to love it. Lol

Big Papi

Reaction score
From the Auto Stop/Start to the super lightweight oil and the minuscule 1.5L turbo in this SUV looking car, it all screams economy platform. Shoe-horned into the Chevrolet lineup it's sole purpose in life is to skew the CAFE numbers so Chevy can sell things like the Corvette or Silverado 3500 crew cab long bed without running afoul of mandated fuel efficiency targets. Performance mods really aren't in the cards for these very popular fuel sippers. Give it a wax, spray on some tire shine and enjoy the ride as is. With all the money you'll save get a nice little project car you can pump up.

Members online