A/C Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvcalandra

Reaction score
I drive a 2022 Equinox LT with approx 50k miles. Has anybody had any issues with their A/C compressor? Mine recently failed. I previously owned a 2012 Equinox LS that had just shy of 200k miles when I got rid of it, but never had any A/C problems. I thought it was odd that the compressor failed so soon. My mechanic said alot of parts are being made smaller and they're working 50% to 100% harder to achieve the same output. Just looking for opinions or insight.

Last edited:

jvcalandra

Reaction score
I know, I don't think I've ever had a car where the compressor failed on me. I'm well beyond the warranty period, but I'm still going to contact Chevrolet just to get it on record. It's not right that I have to put so much money into a car.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Now you got me worried, I just purchased a used 2022 LS Equinox that had 24,5000 Miles. Now I'm going to have to budget in a A/C check to make sure everything is working fine.

Members online

No members online now.