Stabilitrac lite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Severum17

Reaction score
2018 Premier, 1.5 turbo Pulled onto freeway, pushed it a little bit. Service Stabilitrac light came on and stayed until I shut it off and restarted it. Its now off, all is good, code reader says no stored codes. Just a glitch I guess? Anyone else see this. Live to see another day.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
When I leave work there is an area with no merge lane. I always give it a foot full of throttle. Even in AWD the tires spin. I am not sure how that would cause an issue. I do have the 2.0 and you have the 1.5, but they aren't that different in the way they work.
I found this list of stabilitrac triggers:
  • E85 Fuel
  • Active Fuel Management
  • Failed Throttle Position Sensor or defective Throttle Body Assembly
  • Bad Steering Wheel Position Sensor
  • Throttle Position Sensor
  • Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors
  • ABS Sensors
  • Brake Switch
  • Body Control Module
  • Engines Misfires / Old Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
  • Bad Fuel Pump: doesn’t appear to be very common
  • Lifter Failure

Severum17

Reaction score
When I leave work there is an area with no merge lane. I always give it a foot full of throttle. Even in AWD the tires spin. I am not sure how that would cause an issue. I do have the 2.0 and you have the 1.5, but they aren't that different in the way they work.
I found this list of stabilitrac triggers:
  • E85 Fuel
  • Active Fuel Management
  • Failed Throttle Position Sensor or defective Throttle Body Assembly
  • Bad Steering Wheel Position Sensor
  • Throttle Position Sensor
  • Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors
  • ABS Sensors
  • Brake Switch
  • Body Control Module
  • Engines Misfires / Old Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
  • Bad Fuel Pump: doesn’t appear to be very common
  • Lifter Failure
Its a mystery. The light went away, no codes stored so all is good. I put a new battery in today, it was 6 years old so it was due. Not a fan of all the computer nonsense.

jcocchiaro

Reaction score
2018 Premier, 1.5 turbo Pulled onto freeway, pushed it a little bit. Service Stabilitrac light came on and stayed until I shut it off and restarted it. Its now off, all is good, code reader says no stored codes. Just a glitch I guess? Anyone else see this. Live to see another day.
If it happens again, the wheel speed sensors may need to be replaced.

Members online